Welcome to my blog, aka my place to comment and reflect on things I find inspiring, amusing, irritating, or baffling. When I was young, my Stanford PhD, former physics professor, software engineer father used to help me with my math homework, and I, being mentally deficient in all things math, could never quite get it. He would constantly say to me, "Jill, it's not rocket science." (Did I mention the PhD was in Aeronautics and Astronautics??) So I thought it would be an appropriate title for this blog because everything I write about is, indeed, not rocket science.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pointless Update

It's busy season at work, which means less blogging time. But I do have a few pointless things to say: 

1. Giants and A's in the playoffs - woo hoo! I anticipate getting less sleep during these next several weeks. 
2. The season premiere of Dexter was amazing, and I can't wait to see how this season plays out. If you don't watch Dexter, you should (if you don't mind gore).
3. Boardwalk Empire has been disappointing so far. I miss Jimmy Darmody; I didn't realize how important he was to the show until he was gone. I am not enjoying Nucky and Margaret's strained relationship, and what is the deal with the girl that Nucky seems to be in love with? I still frickin' love Richard Harrow. 
4. I have been doing some pro bono work for an awesome non-profit called the GLOW Foundation. Check them out! 
5. I learned a networking method from a career counselor, and I have my work cut out for me. She said when she used the method, she talked to 199 people. Zero down, 199 to go! 

That's all until my work deadline is over in 1 1/2 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment