Welcome to my blog, aka my place to comment and reflect on things I find inspiring, amusing, irritating, or baffling. When I was young, my Stanford PhD, former physics professor, software engineer father used to help me with my math homework, and I, being mentally deficient in all things math, could never quite get it. He would constantly say to me, "Jill, it's not rocket science." (Did I mention the PhD was in Aeronautics and Astronautics??) So I thought it would be an appropriate title for this blog because everything I write about is, indeed, not rocket science.

Friday, September 14, 2012

My New Obsession: Carley's Clear & Smooth Skin Care

I am obsessed with Carley's Clear & Smooth skin care products and want to tell everyone about them (no, I don't work for this company and am in no way affiliated with them). I have terribly dry facial skin; when it's really bad (the winter), I can scratch flakes of dead skin off my face. It's gross, unattractive, and can be painful. And it doesn't help that I wear foundation and powder every day, which dries out my face even more. I've tried several products with no success, and my most recent purchase was an expensive moisturizer from Origins (1.7 ounces for $39.50). Well, it was crap. It smelled nice, but my face was still very dry, even after slathering it on twice a day.

About a month ago, I was relaying my tale of woe to a college girlfriend, and she told me about Carley's. She gave me some samples to take home, and within three days, I was hooked. I went online and bought four of their products, and I have been in skin heaven for the past several weeks. I still have some dryness, but it is 10x better than it was. My favorite moisturizer comes in a ginormous tub, about 5 times the size of the Origins stuff, and at half the price ($19). And it works incredibly!!! I love all the other stuff I bought, too (an anti-aging exfoliant, a daytime moisturizer, and an eye cream). And every product you buy comes with a full-size bar of soap, which is also awesome. They also have incredible customer service, cheap and fast shipping ($5), and with my shipment I received a ton of free samples (lip gloss, hand cream, nighttime moisturizer, eczema cream, etc.), and they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy. If something's not working for you, you can send it back and they will even pay for the return shipping. AND they offer discounts if you buy 2 or more items. Are you sold yet?? I love this company! I should be their spokesperson! 

Anyone with skin issues like I have must check out Carley's! They also have a ton of acne products and stuff for scarring and discoloration, but luckily I don't have acne issues.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you SHOULD be their spokesperson! I am sold! I have super dry facial skin, too (all my skin is dry, but the face is the worst) so I am definitely going to check out the moisturizer you recommended. Origins products didn't work for me either, but recently I've been pretty happy with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream (http://www.kiehls.com/Ultra-Facial-Cream/622,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=face-moisturizers). I'll have to check out Carley's now... thanks for the rec! Maybe you should advertise more products on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kar, I can give you some samples next weekend!

    ReplyDelete